CD Rom & DVD rom not found in "my computer"

muska 17:05 31 Aug 04

I was advised to run the PC in safe mode which i did.

The PC continues to run using the selective startup utility.

Am i right that this selective start up utility has prevented the pc from recognising my DVD and CD drives?

My OS is windows ME on pentium 4 1.4ghz with 40gig Hard drive and 128 MB RAM.

Chaz2004 17:12 31 Aug 04

Have you been mon=ving the PC about latly or been inside it as if ma have been a loose connection if you watn open PC up and there is a wee socket behind the CD Drives and make sure they are securly in. I dont know if that is what it is it happend to me aswell but it was only 1 drive.

Hoep this helps

Chaz

Dorsai 17:24 31 Aug 04

If you are still running in safe mode then, yes, this is almost certianly why you can not access the optical drives.

If you have to use the selective boot option to get ME to load, what you really need to do is fix the problem that prevents ME loading properly. Then you should hopfeull get the drives back.

If you start a new thread saying what the problem is that you are having, that prevents ME loading properly, hopfully someone will be able to fix it for you.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Pantone Colour of the Year 2017 is Green

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…