CD Rom / DVD drives fail to load...............

addicted man 15:31 18 Oct 04

I have a problem that I'm sure can be sorted very easily. The problem is that the above drives keep telling me to put a disc in...even though a disc is in the drive. I very rarely use the drives, owing to using my laptop frequently, but yesterday I tried to run a disc and got the window 'put a disc into the drive'. As stated above the drive did have a disc. I then tried the other drive and got the same error. Then other discs that I have used before but same answer. The drives light is working and I can hear the drives trying to play. Any one with the swimple explanation please. I am running a windows XP Home platform and the computer is 15 months old.

JonnyTub 15:34 18 Oct 04

Try a good cd lens cleaner.

addicted man 17:01 21 Oct 04

thanks jonnytub but the lens is OK. Another clue perhaps though...i have managed to read the latest pcadvisor dvd by using windows media player. could my program reading (whatever) for cdrom/dvd be set up wrong. if so where and how do i change it back.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…