CD Rom Driver vanished

cheekybaldy2 21:43 31 May 05

Hi all.....Just loaded a cd rom into my drive to load my new mp3 software onto the pc....Now the CD is stuck in the drive and it just comes up saying 'No Driver'
'My Computer' just shows the dvd device now and no CD Rom drive. Can anyone advise on a way of ejecting the cd and finding a driver.

Technotiger 21:47 31 May 05

Hi, to eject the cd - turn off pc. Then straighten out a paper-clip and push one end carefully into the small hole on from of cdrom.
This will eject the tray. The hole is there just for that purpose, so don't worry about doing this.

Cheers.

Technotiger 21:48 31 May 05

ooops - on front of cdrom

Joe R 21:50 31 May 05

cheekybaldy2,

I take it you will already have tried rebooting your P.C., so first of all shut it down, and ensure the ide cable and power lead are fitting securely.

If this does not work, most optical drives have a small pin-hole on the bezel, varies in position depending on make. Insert a (safety pin works best) pin or needle, in this aperature to open the drive.

Technotiger 21:51 31 May 05

Me again - once you have retrieved your cd, and while the pc is still off - check the cables on back of cdrom to make sure that they are seated properly. Then re-boot pc.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Pantone Colour of the Year 2017 is Green

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…