cd rom drive not working

ozzy 123 19:51 26 Feb 06

Hi thanks for reading this.
Can any one please help. im running a pc on windows xp home. when i put a cd or cd rom into the cd drive nothing happens.i put a disc in the drive and i went into my computer and located the drive when i clicked on it it says please insert a disc into the drive.
ive been into properties and ran the trouble shooter but it says the device is working properly. i have been into device manager and uninstalled the driver as advised in the trouble shooter. on restart windows recognises the drive and says the device is working properly.but when a disc is put in to the drive it still says please insert a disc.
the devices on the pc are as follows-
Maxtor 6e030l0
atapi cd rom drive 52 max dvd/cdr.
many thanks again in advance for all your help.
ozzy

Forum Editor 20:01 26 Feb 06

using a different make of blank CD?

Some drives are very fussy about this, and will refuse to recognise some of the cheaper brands.

stalion 20:08 26 Feb 06

if your drive will not read any type of disc,recorded or blank, it has probably given up the ghost.They usually pack up with no warning.

ozzy 123 20:10 26 Feb 06

Hi im not trying to record or copy anything im trying to install software on my pc but my cd rom doesnt recognise anything in the drive it just says please insert a disc. ive tried a number of discs from audio to pc software but it still says please insert a disc into the drive.

ozzy 123 20:24 26 Feb 06

Ho well Stalion
It looks like more expence lol.
can you recomend a good one at a good price

stalion 20:40 26 Feb 06

I recently purchased one of these from pc world works very well click here

ozzy 123 20:43 26 Feb 06

ok cheerz mate looks just what im looking for.
thanks ozzy...

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Huawei P10 review

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

An overview: What leading creative agencies are doing to improve diversity

New iPad, iPhone SE & Red iPhone 7 on sale now