CD-ROM Drive keeps failing, Is there another prob

the griff 19:06 30 Jun 03

Hi My comp is about 3 yr old, The first Cd drive (40X) in it failed about 8 mths ago and I replaced it with a faster (52x) Aopen model. Now the new drive has gone too. I have a P3, 500 hz. 384 mb RAM. I also have a rewriteable drive which is master, the ordinary CD-ROM being slave. The jumpers on the back of both drives are ok. Both drives are on the same IDE cable, the Hard disc is on the other cable. Is there something that can be causing the drive to fail, after all, 8 months is not long to use a drive is it? and it was hardly used in that time. Thanks in advance for any help advice offered. The griff

keith-236785 19:12 30 Jun 03

could it be the cable that is faulty, broken wire maybe.

try putting the cdrom as slave to your hard drive and the cdrw on its own cable as master.

might just sort it out, as the cdrom is only 8 months old, could you return it as faulty (or like me do you just bin the reciept as soon as you have seen it working)

good luck

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Why ecommerce hasn't taken off on social media

New MacBook Pro 2016 review | MacBook Pro with Touch Bar review: Apple's expensive and powerful…