CD Rom drive doesn't recognise disk in drive

StingRay71 19:13 10 Jan 04

Hi, my problem is that my DVD drive that I use for most of my CD Roms is now no longer recognising when there is a disk in it, and no matter how I try to get it to open and explore the disks it just says there is no disk in the drive. The only time when I can get it to recognise a disk is when I first turn it on, then it opens the disk and the title appears on My Computer, after that the name remains for all disks, though some if you go to explore it will display the contents of the disk in the drive. I have tried right clicking and selecting eject but it doesn't work. So has anyone else ever had this problem and if so how did you solve it?, thanks

Big Elf 20:33 10 Jan 04

The drive could have failed.

If you have a disk stuck in the drive then straighten out a paper clip and push it gently but firmly in the little hole on the front of the drive unit. This hole is the emergency eject.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

15 macOS Sierra tips | How to use macOS Sierra: Secret tricks and best new features in Apple's new…