//some 3rd party need geo

CD ROM doesn't show contents in 'MY COMPUTER'

quack 14:49 22 Sep 04

I am running XP Pro SP1 and have a CD/RW a DVD/CD RW and a CD ROM drive. Problem is that when I place any cd in any of the drives they invariably dont autorun and on checking in 'My Computer' I can see all the drives but none of them will show that they have a cd in. If I right click and explore the contents of the cd can be seen. Not that big a problem but annoying nontheless. Any info as to how to fix would be appreciated

Diodorus Siculus 15:33 22 Sep 04

Right click on the drive within "my computer" and see what is ticked / unticked. I cannot remember the exact terminology but you should see something like "enable autorun".

Noelg23 15:37 22 Sep 04

blimey thats a lot of drives...wouldnt it be best to get rid of the CD ROM drive and keep the other two? or you could invest in a DVD writer...

quack 19:48 22 Sep 04

Thanks DS have already tried your suggestion but it doesn't make any difference. As I said it is not that serious just annoying.
Noelg. Thanks for your comments but I already have a DVD/CD RW. and the only reason I kept all 3 drives is because my CD RW is faster than the DVD/CD RW. The CD ROM comes in handy for disk to disk copying.
Thanks to both for your responses.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Google Allo? What is Google Duo? Google Allo UK release date rumours and features: Google…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These clever designs help visualise a complex intelligence tool

iOS 10 troubleshooting tips: Simple fixes for the most common iOS 10 problems, from network…