//some 3rd party need geo

CD rom in D:\ drive fails to start.

Rustyremi 08:23 20 Jan 03
  Rustyremi 08:23 20 Jan 03

I have just shifted parts from one computer to another. Changed processor, hard disk and memory and put it the other computer. Problem is now my D: drive fails to start when my daughter wants to play Simms.She can start the game using the E: drive but it is a slow 2x4x8 philips CD burner I got when they first came out. If I start e: drive then try to start D; it will respond so the drive is not dead. It is just missing the start command prompt. how do I sort this.

BlueMeanie 22:59 20 Jan 03

If I understand that the D drive has not worked since your rebuild......

Is the Drive D: mentioned in "My Computer", if not then possibably then either a jumper is not connected correctly either Slave/Master, or the power cable and/or the data cable is not connected, or the data cable is the wrong way round.

If the Drive D: is listed in my computer, then it more likely that the CD Drive is broken.

Regards

woodchip 23:14 20 Jan 03

Are you running the same Hard Drive with all the programs and sttings from when you had it in the other comp

woodchip 23:17 20 Jan 03

PS if yes you have probably changed the way that the two cdroms were connected on the cable, ie. swap the connectors round but keep jumpers as is

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Google Allo? What is Google Duo? Google Allo UK release date rumours and features: Google…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These clever designs help visualise a complex intelligence tool

iOS 10 troubleshooting tips: Simple fixes for the most common iOS 10 problems, from network…