CD ROM Controllers

Rhuddlan 18:52 26 Jul 04

I have a IBM Thinkpad 1400 series laptop with Win 98 and I noticed in device manager that there was a yellow mark next to CD ROM Controllers but the CD ROM drive was fine, I unintstalled them to see if that would solve the problem restarted the comp and now they have completely gone from device manager, it orginally said that an unsigned driver was installed or the device wasn't working properly, the CD ROM is still fine, but I want to know if I need these CD ROM controllers and what do they do???

THE TERMINATOR 20:47 26 Jul 04

The controllers and drivers are needed to make the drive(s) work properley. If they have vanished from device manager, try running add hardware wizard....TT

Rhuddlan 21:27 26 Jul 04

Have tried that and windows never found any new devices, like I said the CD ROM is drive is working properly and reports no problems in device manager

I formatted my hard disk and I ran windows millenium in it, and after installation I can't access my cdrom drive

REGARDS

Peter

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…