CD-ROM content not showing - AGHHH!!!!!

Mad Boy 20:16 01 Mar 04

About an hour ago i used Avast! Antivirus scanner to search for viruses. It found some, and i clicked delete. Another one came up and i acidentally clicked Delete All. Now it looks like all folders, sub-folders etc have been removed. At first the problem was my Desktop wasnt showing, but i managed to fix that. Now when i pop in my CD and click My Computer > F: (my CD default drive) i try to view the CD's content (knowing for a fact there is data on)....nothing is showing. It just shows 0 files (nothing hidden neither).

Now i have tried looking in my Virus Chest for backups, but none exist. It looks like something is now missing, finding out what it is is another matter.

Hope you can help me fix this, thanks.

woodchip 20:20 01 Mar 04

What Operating System

Mad Boy 20:25 01 Mar 04

Win98 SE, Drive E: (which i failed to mention is the top one) works, so F: (my cd-writer/reader) doesnt work.

Cant understand it.

BTW: Although E: Works, i get a system error when i take the cd out (even if nothing has been physically loaded off the CD)

Mad Boy 20:34 01 Mar 04

oh, and Nero even crashes when i try to burn a disc using F:

woodchip 20:38 01 Mar 04

Put your Win98 Disc in computer and go Start/Run type SFC and run the program You can click on the settings button and put a tick in the box to look for deleted files also DO NOT LET THE WINDOWS SETUP RUN

Mad Boy 21:09 01 Mar 04

can i run SFC without the Win98 Disk? It would take an hour or so searching in my dusty cupboards just for the damn thing :)

woodchip 21:14 01 Mar 04

No you need that in, so it can get the files that are missing or corrupt and restore them

Mad Boy 21:15 01 Mar 04

strange, without changing out, i popped in my Win98 disk and now the files show. A few files are corrupt (cant find which ones to replace with off the disk though).

Thanks anyway mate ;)

woodchip 21:21 01 Mar 04

Some files that it finds, and sayes are deleted or corrupt if windows cannot find them they will be on one of your program discs. So if any does not work remove from Add Remove and then reinstall

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to watch Windows Event live stream, live blog | Microsoft event live stream: Watch Microsoft…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This amazing app turns your iPad Pro into a Cintiq

iPhone 7 Plus review: A superb big-screen phablet, but the price tag's enormous | iPhone 7 Plus…