CD-Rom and CD rewrite disappeared from my computer

balmad 20:22 09 Jan 05

I am using window xp home version. Sometime back my cd-rewriter stopped working showing the busy light and I am unable to open the drive door but I am sure there is no cd inside as I managed to open the door by putting wire in the front little hole. I didn't bother because I hardly copy any cd's. But now my cd rome drive also stopped working and can't load any software. When I look in my computer browser, cd rom and cd rewriter drive doesnot show there. Any one got any idea what is wrong ?

VoG II 20:34 09 Jan 05

Do they show up in the BIOS? How to enter the BIOS click here

taffhughes 22:11 09 Jan 05

I had a similar problem, I even lost the icon for my DVD ROM from my computer.
After talking to my computer supplier help desk they got me to open my base unit (unplugged from the mains) and check all the connections to my DVD drive. I found that the "ribbon" socket was slightly loose and clicked back into place.
On reconnecting to the main and powering up the DVD Drive reappeared and has worked correctly ever since

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…