CD Ripping Software

morddwyd 15:36 12 Oct 11

Trying to rip a few CDs for the car but the software I have tried seems to be using a database far removed from what is actually on the CDs!

Any recommend a decent programme with a reliable database?

Don't mind paying for a half way decent programme.

catpwss 17:34 12 Oct 11
  catpwss 17:34 12 Oct 11
  catpwss 17:35 12 Oct 11

Sorry I Clicked twice.OOOOOOOOOOps.

john bunyan 17:42 12 Oct 11

Even if you don't have an iPod, iTunes is free and does what you want. I believe (free) Audacity is ok; I also have a paid for version of Roxio but it has so many other features such as a photography section I don't use that I do not think I would buy it. However in combination with iTunes it quickly identifies most music (eg when I use Audials8 to record FM radio MP3's) it provides artist, artwork etc. Have a look at iTunes, Audacity and Roxio Creator via Google! I assume you want to assemble compilation CD's? Burn in audio format unless your car can recognise MP3.

hiwatt 19:31 12 Oct 11

Audacity wont "rip" audio from a cd it is audio editing/recording software.If it's just to rip audio from a cd to create another cd windows media will do this just fine also winamp too!

hssutton 19:37 12 Oct 11

I just use Windows Media player

Strawballs 19:43 12 Oct 11

Same here WMP

morddwyd 19:58 12 Oct 11

Thanks for the responses.

Tried WMP first but it simply defaults to the inaccurate software I've already mentioned.

If I uninstall the software there is no "Rip" option with WMP.

john bunyan 13:24 13 Oct 11
  rdave13 14:38 13 Oct 11

What player do you have in the car? In WMP go to tools- options- rip music then select WAV (lossless) or if your car player plays MP3 use that.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…