CD Ripping Software

morddwyd 15:36 PM 12 Oct 11

Trying to rip a few CDs for the car but the software I have tried seems to be using a database far removed from what is actually on the CDs!

Any recommend a decent programme with a reliable database?

Don't mind paying for a half way decent programme.

catpwss 17:34 PM 12 Oct 11
  catpwss 17:34 PM 12 Oct 11
  catpwss 17:35 PM 12 Oct 11

Sorry I Clicked twice.OOOOOOOOOOps.

john bunyan 17:42 PM 12 Oct 11

Even if you don't have an iPod, iTunes is free and does what you want. I believe (free) Audacity is ok; I also have a paid for version of Roxio but it has so many other features such as a photography section I don't use that I do not think I would buy it. However in combination with iTunes it quickly identifies most music (eg when I use Audials8 to record FM radio MP3's) it provides artist, artwork etc. Have a look at iTunes, Audacity and Roxio Creator via Google! I assume you want to assemble compilation CD's? Burn in audio format unless your car can recognise MP3.

hiwatt 19:31 PM 12 Oct 11

Audacity wont "rip" audio from a cd it is audio editing/recording software.If it's just to rip audio from a cd to create another cd windows media will do this just fine also winamp too!

hssutton 19:37 PM 12 Oct 11

I just use Windows Media player

Strawballs 19:43 PM 12 Oct 11

Same here WMP

morddwyd 19:58 PM 12 Oct 11

Thanks for the responses.

Tried WMP first but it simply defaults to the inaccurate software I've already mentioned.

If I uninstall the software there is no "Rip" option with WMP.

john bunyan 13:24 PM 13 Oct 11
  rdave13 14:38 PM 13 Oct 11

What player do you have in the car? In WMP go to tools- options- rip music then select WAV (lossless) or if your car player plays MP3 use that.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to watch Rugby World Cup 2015 online: Watch live, catch up on-demand & stream the 2015 Rugby…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

See immersive artist and storyteller Chris Milk speak at London VR event

What everyone thinks of the new Steve Jobs movie | 21 Facts about the Steve Jobs film | PLUS:…