CD ReWriters

Lillylou 10:53 01 May 03

I want to get a CD ReWriter. I run WinXP. Which is better internal or external. How easy are internals to fit as I am fairly new to PCs and would it affect my warranty if I fitted on myself.

moore_mat 11:06 01 May 03

Generally speaking, with regards to warranties, if your installation bodges up the rest of the computer, then you will not be covered. That said, the instructions provided for internal drives can be quite good (I remember old HP drives used to even come with little video's on the CD to show you how to install it all!).

However, performance of external drives have been getting better over the years.

What it really comes down to is if you are worried of getting inside your computer - you will be paying over the odds for an external drive, but you won't have the inconvenience of taking the lid off your PC.

As to what you actually need to DO to install a CDRW drive, then click here to view an example - if that looks daunting, then get an external one!

Hope this helps

woodchip 11:10 01 May 03

click here
They are easy to fit internal

Mankster 13:27 01 May 03

your warranty can be affected by any hardware upgrades,but you don't have to tell them,and as woodchip says,they are quite simple to install,but make sure you follow the installation procedure and also make sure you remove any static from yourself by leaving the power lead in and touching the main chassis of the here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Switch price…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Photoshop video tutorials: 8 video tutorial websites for Photoshop

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…