CD-rewriter on Windows 98

3rdday 10:50 07 Nov 03

I have fairly ancient Compaq PC running Windows 98 into which I want to put a spare TEAC CD re-writer that was in my other PC. Will this just work after I physically install it, or will I need to find drivers for it first?

TBH1 10:56 07 Nov 03

a CDRW will work with w98 - I have one working here at work on a P166mmx running w95- - have to close everything down for it to work though but it works.
Wouls sya wop it in there, try it, if it doesn't work download drivers from the net.

TBH1 10:57 07 Nov 03

should have read that before 'hitting the tit' - - - of course I meant "would say wop it in there - -"

woodchip 11:08 07 Nov 03

I have three CDRW's on two comps running 98. You have no problems just exchange the connectors of the cd to cdrw and set the jumper on the back of cdrw to the same as the cd. You may have to go into bios to get it auto detected but I do not think so

3rdday 22:23 07 Nov 03

Worked fine. Thank you.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Microsoft Surface Studio PC release date, pricing, design, features and spec: Microsoft showcases…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This amazing app turns your iPad Pro into a Cintiq

Apple Q4 2016 financial results | Apple earnings report: iPhone, iPad and Mac sales down, profits d6…