CD Rewriter Upgrade and EasyCD 5 Platinum

Jester2K 08:59 07 Jan 04

I bought an LG CED 8081-B (8x 4x 32x) a while ago. With i got Easy CD 5 Basic. I lost the Easy CD 5 Basic CD and then bought the full Easy CD 5 Platinum version.

I'm looking at possibly getting a new faster CD Writer soon but want to carry on using Easy CD 5 Platinum but the list of supported drives click here is slightly confussing...

For example take the second drive down. It says

AccessTK CD-RW CW5201

I then guess it tells me its supported in the Basic version from 5.3.4.16 and the Platinum verision from 6.0.0.171. So if i had the EasyCD Basic CD (its probably here, somewhere) i could use it as long as i had the drive update of 5.3.4.16 or above (think it 5.3.5m at the moment)

BUT i need to buy Easy CD 6 or above to use the Platinum version of the software. Is this correct?

Also is there a decent, cheap CD Rewriter that supports EasyCD 5 Platinum that anyone can recommened? I've tried going through the list when i see one in the shops or online but the model is either not supported or seems to indicate that i need Easy CD 6 or Easy CD 5 Basic and not the Platinum version...

i don't really want to have wasted the money on Easy CD 5 Platinum, there doesn't seem to be an upgrade option on Roxio website.

©®@$? 09:38 07 Jan 04

ive got the liteon 52x32x52 cd rw its a good drive for £25 at ebuyer

just checked that website and it supports it

click here

Jester2K 09:41 07 Jan 04

Cheers i was looking on eBuyer but they don't seem to list the model numbers which made it difficult....

Jester2K 09:44 07 Jan 04

Oh they do list the manufacturer code... so mybe i was somewhere else....

©®@$? 09:46 07 Jan 04

the model number for that drive is LTR-52327S, it says that in my device manager, and basic version 5.3.1.150 and Retail/Platinum Version 5.3.1.154 and above support this drive, very good drive actualy

Liteon 52x32x52x IDE DRIVE - OEM quick find code: 52744

click here this is it

Jester2K 09:47 07 Jan 04

Cheers - i'll look into this.

Some comments on the site about noise. Whats the truth?

©®@$? 10:06 07 Jan 04

not noisey to me, quiet compaired to my aopen dvd drive

can hardly here it spin up when i put a cd in , and when i eject quite quiet!

when i burn cd's you just get the normal sound not noisey at all

Don't know what those people are on about

©®@$? 10:10 07 Jan 04

i think that guy was a little peeved about not getting nero with it so he bad mouthed the drive, OEM should of given him a clue!

thats the only reason i can think why he would say about the noise, as i don't have that problem with it, and the other 4 people who posted a review seem to think its a good drive

the guy is just peeved off lol

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…