CD-REWRITER SOFTWARE NOT RECOGNIZED

Stephen-232068 11:16 29 Jun 03

I recently had my rewriter hardware changed due to a fault. The replacement is not recognizing the software installed on my PC. The software is Adaptec's Easy CD Creator 4. Do I need to download a more up-to-date version of this? if so, how? where?

pj123 11:25 29 Jun 03

You should have got the sofware with the new CD/RWriter drive. Either, Roxio or Nero Burn. If you didn't, ask about it.

-pops- 11:27 29 Jun 03

Easy CD is now at version 6 so if your burner is modern, it's likely that your software cannot be updated from its current version 4. The UK Roxio site is click here but I don't know much about Roxio, being a Nero user myself.

SEASHANTY 14:17 29 Jun 03

You will not be able to update Roxio v4 requires a new updated version. There is a voucher in yesterdays newspapers and some of todays in the PC World advert for NERO 5.5 (which is the latest) for £19-99 which is half their selling price. You will need the newspaper advert which also acts as the voucher. Alternatively find a site selling one of the OEM versions of Nero. Usually cheaper than the boxed edition noted above.

SEASHANTY 19:49 08 Jul 03

Thanks for the e-mail. Hope Nero works out just fine for you both.

pj123 21:50 12 Jul 03

Although this thread is closed, i can do Nero burn software fully licenced for £10. If anyone wants it email me.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

iPhone 7 review: a range of small updates add up to an excellent phone

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How New York’s Stylin’ Seniors became a golden social media campaign

23 Apple Watch tips & secret features: Master your Apple Watch, Apple Watch Series 1 or Apple…