CD-Rewriter Problem

h_miah 02:08 06 Apr 03

I can't read anything with the CD-Rewriter. When there isn't a cd in the drive, the light on the drive flashes like it is reading from a cd. When I put a CD in the drive, it can't read it. I went to My Computer, Properties and removed the drive from the device manager, and tried to put it back on with add new hardware in control panel. But it couldn't detect a cd-rom drive. The drive is still there on My computer but not in device manager and I still can't read from the drive.

AndySD 02:12 06 Apr 03

Is it new or has this just started?

What is your operating system?

Have you added any new programs or updates?

h_miah 10:27 06 Apr 03

This is quite old, I have Windows 98 SE O/S. I recently added this to my kazaa media list to link some media. That was all that was in the cd. I recently installed some other programs because another problem had occured but that was fixed and I went back to the original software which was Nero 5.0.3.0. That was the only thing I did.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…