CD rewriter not responding

PaulWolf 19:54 29 Jun 03

Hi all!
Just attached a new Archos DEx-CDRW drive to my laptop, which has Win98SE. Took a 12.9 download from the Nero site before the Nero software would recognise it. First CD then burnt correctly, no problems. Half through the second burn, there was an error (can't remember what) and the burn was abandoned. Now, although the laptop recognises that the drive is there, I can't access it at all. All I get is "The device is not ready" arror messages when I try to read from the drive. It's behaving as though there were no disk in the drive, and it doesn't matter what disk I try. Any suggestions?? Cheers,

Paul

Mango Grummit 11:55 30 Jun 03

....to page three here are a few suggestions. Others may now spot your thread and leap in.

Sometimes a reboot between burns is necessary (shouldn't be but there it is).

Otherwise, try reinstalling the Nero software.

Have you tried another disc? You do get a bad one from time to time with either CDR or CDRW. You can use the Nero Tool Kit to check disc quality and to find faults.

You say you can't remember what the error message was. But this is important -- you need to know that as a base fact in order to have a bit of a clue as to what the problem might be.

Don't forget also that errors and the cures are listed on the Nero site.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…