cd rewrite and dvd drives not working

beattyben 11:15 18 May 03

Can anyone out there help.Both the cd rewriter drive and dvd drive have ceased to operate. These drives appear to share the same drivers.Most are digitally signed but not cd4_xp.sys and pwd_2k.sys. It all went pear shape after loading easy cd creator 6.

jazzypop 11:42 18 May 03

When you say 'have ceased to operate', do you mean that neither will play a disc at all?

Do they appear as drives in Windows Explorer?

Are they listed in Device Manager? With or without exclamation marks besides them?

Which version of Windows are you using?

What happens if you uninstall easy cd creator 6?

beattyben 12:53 18 May 03

Hiya Jazzypop
Neither drives will play, they don't show in windows explorer and in the device manager they both have exclamation marks besides them. I'm running windows XP. I've tried to unistall easy cd creator 6 and the machine goes into a loop trying over and over again to install it. HELP

beattyben

jazzypop 13:16 18 May 03

Roxio and XP have never quite managed to co-exist peacefully :)

First, see click here

See also click here if you do want to reinstall it.

If the advice above does not work, try deleting both drives from within Device Manager. When you reboot, XP should find and install the correct drivers.

Ultimately, many people find they are better off using Nero than trying to wrestle easyCD into submission.

beattyben 17:54 18 May 03

Jazzypop

Thanks for the advice. I've tried to delete both drives drom the device manager, unfortunately Windows XP reloads the drivers and the same exclamation errors remain. I will try your links to see if I can resolve the problems.

If I'd have only done some more research on Easy CD Creator 6 and the conflicts with Windows XP, I could have saved mysely nearly £40:00.

Sadly the truth behind all this is a duff machine from Carrera and if the promised replacement doesn't arrive by this Thursday, I'm handing over the matter to the credit card company and my solicitors

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…