CD rewritable not playing

micklemouse 10:22 11 Apr 06

I have been able to play cd-writable discs on my Hifi system no problem. These discs were given to me by friends before I had my own CDRW drive. Now that I have put some tracks onto a cdrw dis both in mp3 and wma format, the hi-fi won't play it and ejects the cd. I have tried playing it on the pc and it works fine. Am I right in thinking that perhaps the hifi won't play rewritable cd's?

Shame, because I'd love to hear them as the sound quality is so much better. I use Nero software for burning and a Sony rewritable drive.

Any suggestions?

Regards Micklemouse

Hertz Van Rentyl 10:29 11 Apr 06

copy and burn to write once media.

Stuartli 10:42 11 Apr 06

As Hertz Van Rentyl points out, use CD-Rs - their reflectivity level is far superior to CD-RW media which some players may have difficulty in reading.

You can use a CD-R in multisession form if necessary to keep adding tracks until the disk is full; it should be Finalised before the final burning session.

micklemouse 10:44 11 Apr 06

but can I use a cd-r in the cd-wr drive I have now or will I have to replace it?

The Spires 10:44 11 Apr 06

Some players just will not play re-writable discs.

micklemouse 10:54 11 Apr 06

God I must be daft, yes it does write CD-R lol sorry to waste your time if you've bothered to answer that last question of mine.

Thanks for support,

Micklemouse.

GroupFC 10:54 11 Apr 06

"but can I use a cd-r in the cd-wr drive I have now....." - Yes.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Pantone Colour of the Year 2017 is Green

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…