cd-rewritable disk not ejecting

heribierto 12:41 04 Feb 03

I have a Dell system which includes a cd-rewritable facility
I can read and write to the disk but after I have copied something to the disk I cannot get the disk to eject.
it seems the only way to take the disk out is to close the system down and start it up again, when the disk can be ejected.
probably there is a setting which needs changing but I do not know where it is

Elrond 12:44 04 Feb 03

What cd writing software are you using?

woodchip 12:53 04 Feb 03

Start Msconfig and go to startup tab, put a check mark in the Adaptec Direct CD box

Cordy13 12:54 04 Feb 03

Some programs will only permit the ejection by clicking on the icon in the task bar and then choosing 'eject' from the options.

Elrond 12:55 04 Feb 03

Then to eject a cd, try right clicking the cd drive icon in the system tray on the bottom right of the screen and click eject. That usually works for me. It then goes through a process of leaving the disk in a readable state. (Easy CD Creator)

Gongoozler 12:56 04 Feb 03

heribierto, if the disk is formatted for packet writing, then you may only be able to eject it via Windows Explorer or My Computer.

Elrond 12:56 04 Feb 03

JUst got there b4 me.

Cordy13 12:57 04 Feb 03

For 'task bar' read 'system tray' as Elrond says!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…