CD recovery disc for WIN XP HOME

Dabler 13:03 06 Apr 03

I have a Packard Bell PC, running Win XP Home. Things have been fine for several months and then several programs have started to develop glitches. Control Panel will only open occasionaly and often will simply refuse to load at all. I now receive an error message as follows;The device driver for the 'Terminal Server Keyboard Driver' device is preventing the machine from entering standby. Please close all applications and try again. If the problem persists, you may need to update this driver.??
I then tried to use the master restore discs created when things were ok, but I am unable to boot from the CDs as the instructions state, only from the HDD, ANY CLUES PLEASE

pepe 13:16 06 Apr 03

My Packard Bell came with a floppy to boot from to restore the system, which gave instructions as to when to insert the Master Recovery CD's. Are you sure you haven't got one?. Incidentally, the first thing I did when I realised that I had this cumbersome recovery procedure was to promptly purchase my own version on XP Home, reformat and install it. It saves a lot of hassle, but I realise it is a costly solution.

howard60 13:51 06 Apr 03

a virus infection? do this before you take any drastic action.

barrie_g 13:56 06 Apr 03

Have you tried to change the boot order in the Bios?

or you could run the system file checker insert your cd then type sfc /scannow into the run box and press ok, and you need a space after sfc

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…