CD Recording Software - Roxio

Tefal 13:43 14 Sep 03

Hi Folks

I appear to have dropped another clanger.

With my old PC running Win98SE I was using WinOnCD 3.8.

I have just upgraded my system to XP Pro, loaded the above CD recording software and guess what? it didn't work. I rebooted my computer and had the following error message: A CD-recording driver is installled that might cause stability problems, including shutting down and problems using a CD/DVD drive. This driver will be disabled.

I uninstalled the software using the Add/Remove function in Control Panel, rebooted, and the same error message appeared.

My next step was to remove the folder - Roxio - from program files, using right click and delete. Shut down and rebooted, same error message.

Logged onto Roxio Web site and found an article (EEZ000005) which indicates a problem with a registry entry in windows. I followed their resolution to remove the the offending entries. Rebooted and the error is still there!

Also there is still an entry in the currently installed programs for Roxio DriverDisk which I am unable to remove.

Please can someone advise.

Thank you in anticipation.

Andy

Tefal 15:11 14 Sep 03

Refresh please

Lozzy 15:30 14 Sep 03

Ok Un-install Easy CD Creator then re boot. Now install agian but this time click in Custom and DO NOT Install Take Two.. Once installed then imediately go to the Roxio site click here and download all the patches for Easy CD 5 there 5 and for version 6 there also 5. then re boot.

beeuuem 15:33 14 Sep 03

Have you tried reinstalling and using the patch for XP from this thread?
click here

OneSirKnight 15:34 14 Sep 03

Lozzy----Snap

Smiler 16:00 14 Sep 03

Have tried using system restore to go back before installtion of software?

Tefal 16:44 14 Sep 03

Thanks beeuuem, I've done as you have suggested and the error message has gone. However when I try and use WinOnCd I get another errror message saying that C2_prof.dll file is missing, try reinstalling the software. I've done that but no joy.

HELP

beeuuem 18:33 14 Sep 03

Installation

You should try to terminate any programs which are running in the background during the installation of the Recording software. The best way to make sure all programs like system tools, virus scanners and databases are closed is to enter the task manager (press CRTL + ALT + DELETE keys once) and ending all processes except of EXPLORER and Windows programs (Windows will let you know if something is not possible).
IF INSTALLATION FAILS, YOU SHOULD DELETE CONTENTS OF THE TEMPORARY DIRECTORY, IN C:\WINDOWS\TEMP before reinstalling.
From click here;jsessionid=RDMUDKU0S501FLAQAMHB3KVMCACAYIV0#ha1

You could try this full uninstall and than a clean install.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Amazon Fire HD 8 review: A brilliant combination of function and value – with one massive caveat

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How to create an introvert-friendly workplace

Apple Watch Series 2 review | Apple Watch 2 review: New Apple Watch is faster, brighter,…