cd recording

pat2068 22:13 08 Mar 04

i am using nero express which was installed by pc world when the fitted a new burner but i have just found veritas my cd is still on the comp which was for the old burner can i have 2 different softwares on my machine i was sure i read somewhere that they could cause problems thanks leo

Diodorus Siculus 22:22 08 Mar 04

Two burning programs can and do cause problems - usually Pinnacle and NEro are the culprits; don't know about Veritas but I would imagine so.

Totally-braindead 00:10 09 Mar 04

I use 3 differnt CD writing programs on my computer Nero, Clone CD and Easy CD Creator. Like Diodorus Siculus I've also heard that having 2 programs that do the same thing on your computer can cause problems. I've no problem with using the 3 programs I mentioned above because none of them are set to run from the task bar, if I want to burn a CD I have to choose which program to run. The first time I had 2 programs, Nero and Easy Cd Creator, running all hell broke loose. Every time I tried to do something the computer locked up. The solution I found was to ensure that both programs were not running in the background, you have to set this up when you install them.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The updated 'Corel Painter inside Photoshop' plugin ParticleShop offers new brushes

Best running headphones | Best sport & fitness headphones: 4 brilliant pairs of wireless…