CD Record and Print

Bingalau 18:06 07 Aug 07

Which is the best way to go about printing on a printable CD, before or after recording it? ..Bingalau..

Diemmess 18:14 07 Aug 07

Assuming an inkjet, then record first to make sure you aren't wasting ink!

Stuartli 19:20 07 Aug 07

I do it either way on my Epson R300 - doesn't seem to make any difference.

jack 19:40 07 Aug 07

Record first thats for sure then test and finalize, and then print.
As stated - if you burn a bummer you have to print again and I imagine the chances of a bum burn are higher then a bum print.

Bingalau 21:27 07 Aug 07

Diemmess; Stuartli; jack. Thanks for the information.. Your answers confirm what I thought, but as I have never printed directly to a CD yet. I thought it best to ask. Just waiting for delivery of disks from Choice Stationery now and then I can have a go... I had become pretty good at getting stick on labels looking good. But hope that these are going to look more professional.

m800afc 23:54 07 Aug 07

Bingalau,
Depending on which type of disc you get you may find you get white unprinted rings on the inner and outer circumferences. If you don't like this, and I don't, you can adjust the inner and outer diameters from the Epson Print CD application you will have been given with your printer. Don't forget to leave enough physical space behind the printer to allow the CD carrier to move freely. Move the printer away from any obstruction such as a wall or the back of your desk. Cables will also snag if you are not careful.
Have fun.

€dstowe 07:54 08 Aug 07

Epson recommend that you write first, print later. This is to avoid excessive handling and muck etc. getting on to the disk which could interfere with the burning process. Even a few fingermarks can prevent a successful burn.

You may think that you wouldn't get a disk mucky in that time but it is amazing the way some people handle DVDs and CDs. If you have ever rented a DVD you will know what I mean.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation techniques

How to mine Bitcoin on Mac