cd re-writer not recognised

1dave2 13:00 16 Feb 04

Hi guys, All of a sudden my re-writing software has decided that my Samsung re-writer does not have the capability to record! The software I have no disc for as it was bundled in the partition with XP. I have tried system restore with no joy. I have installed Nero and this also doesn't recognise it. The re-writer still plays disks and is listed in device manager as having no problems.

Gratefully yours, Dave.

MichelleC 14:37 16 Feb 04

Go to maker site and d/load latest driver and reinstall.

Diemmess 14:41 16 Feb 04

Windows in device manager says OK because that means the basic drivers are present.

The re-writing software is perhaps not effective or corrupt, so you have sensibly tried Nero.

Two things could still be wrong........

(1) for re-writing you need InCD from the Nero package, not Nero Burning ROM which is for burning the ordinary recordable CDs.

(2) Nero as supplied bundled with the hardware, is sometimes specific to that make/model, so it sometimes happens that it will work on one drive, but not when tried on a different one.

961 14:57 16 Feb 04

Is Nero up to date?

Later updates recognise more hardware

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Pantone Colour of the Year 2017 is Green

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…