CD-R/DVD-R Printing

Ironman556 12:11 28 Nov 04

Hi, someone I know is in a band and they've asked me if/how they can print onto a CD-R or DVD-R.

I've seen the disc printers by TDK but I think they can only print a disc in one colour?

What would they need to print a multi-coloured logo onto a disc?

Thanks

ICF 12:14 28 Nov 04

Try this for example click here

Bagsey 12:15 28 Nov 04

My Epson R300 printer will do what you want to do but you need printable discs or the ink takes a long time to dry. You could fix the discs with plain lables and print on them after fixing.

Ironman556 16:13 05 Dec 04

Thanks, will look into that, but they had a new printer a few months back when the last one blew up.

Does anyone else know of a separate disc printer that will print in multiple colours?

€dstowe 16:51 05 Dec 04

Epson R200, R300 and R800 all print in full colour on suitable discs.

The R200 is about £80 or less and well worth the money. It is also an excellent photo printer.

Ensure when you buy discs that you get ink jet printable types. Some are intended for thermal (or other process) printers and are not suitable.

Have a look at what they have here click here

pj123 17:21 05 Dec 04

Any colour printer will print in full colour on to CD/DVD labels.

I use Discus from click here

It will print on to any label format and has 1000s of readymade art files.

It will also print on to "printable CD/DVDs"

CD/DVD labels can be got from Choice Stationery at click here

I have an Epson R200 printer capable of printing direct to CD but I have not tried it yet as I have quite a lot of CD labels to use up first.

Printing on to labels would also require you to get a labelling machine to be able to position the label correctly on to the CD/DVD.

Check out here: click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…