CD-R will not read on some computers

Tim 19:16 29 Oct 03

Is there a compatability problem between different makes of CD-R's.
With some makes of CD-R's, the CD's I produce can be read OK on both my CD drives and many other PC's. However I have found that on some PC's, especially older ones. I get 'cyclic redundancy errors' when trying to copy a file off them.

With other makes of CD-R's I have no problems at all.

Why is this.

Confab 19:34 29 Oct 03

Yes there are problems with some CD rom drives reading CDR's. Stick to the ones that you find the most compatible. Burning your CD's at low speeds can also help with compatibility problem.

Confab

john-232317 19:48 29 Oct 03

sometimes its the age of cd player. There have been posts before where people have bought new players and had no problem with the same cd.

Tim 22:02 30 Oct 03

The problem CDs always were OK in my computer, it was another that gave me the problem.
I tried the tip of recording the type of disk that gave problems at a slower speed. It then worked perfectly in the computers that had previously given problems.

Thanks,
Tim

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Amazon Fire HD 8 review: A brilliant combination of function and value – with one massive caveat

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How to create an introvert-friendly workplace

iPhone 7 review: Enhanced cameras, a refreshed design and water resistance make the iPhone 7 an…