CD-R Properties

conburt 11:10 17 Jul 04

I've got 2 PC's and when I load a CD-R into one and go to drive properties it shows me that 42.5MB used space and 255MB free space. If I do the same on the other PC it shows 42.5 MB used space and 0 free space in other words a full disc which I cant add to. Anybody got any thoughts please.

Satmansq 11:24 17 Jul 04

Although i dont fully understand the process, and there may well be ways around this, at some point during the process it is possible to close the disc, telling it that what you are putting on the disc is all that you ever intend on putting on that disc and preventing further writing.

It would probably be helpful to those with more knowledge if you told us what program you were using to write to the disc so that they can throw more light onto the subject.

Dorsai 11:41 17 Jul 04

And also helpful if you said what the drives are...one a sony XYZ, the other a Blah 32speed..

I have two CD drives in my PC. Some disks work in one, some the other, thats why i have two.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…