CD-R not recognised by XP

Kniffy 20:29 14 Apr 04

Grateful for any advice please on following problem. Brand new CD-R discs being used to back-up info fromn XP source, but the Wizard process does not recognise the presence of the disc and the disc itself is not spinning. Tried other discs; same result. Tried other normal programme discs with normal operation. Therefore system is serviceable. Also use of same discs on a separate W 98 machine has same non-running results. Is there some potential problem in my use of discs which are labelled as CD-R 40x speed? Should I for instance be using RW discs or different speed discs? Any assistance greatly appreciated. Thank you. Kniffy

johnnyrocker 20:59 14 Apr 04

what speed is your writer as that may be your prob?

johnny.

Lozzy 21:00 14 Apr 04

Are you using XP's own Backup prog?? I take it you are. My strong suggestion is to use either Easy CD Creator or Nero V6 to do your CD writing and backing up. Its by far the safer option.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Christmas Agency Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…