//some 3rd party need geo

CD-R longevity

Munchkin 22:43 03 Nov 05

I'm giving consideration to no longer buying Audio CD's from record stores and going down the road of digital downloads from on-line sites such as iTunes and burning to disc. My concern is the longevity of the CD-R disc. Can I expect a "home made" CD to have a life expectancy and durability equal to that of a commercially produced CD purchased in a record store? A further concern is the issue of sound quality. In my opinion it would take a serious audiophile with a one megawatt hi-fi to notice any perceptible difference. I would be interested in any comments.

Stuartli 23:07 03 Nov 05

See:

click here

click here (Section 7-5)

Incidentally Imation considers that certain of its DVD media products have a life of 100 years (Imation rebrands media produced by Taiyo Muden, regarded as one of the best in the world).

Stuartli 23:08 03 Nov 05

One other point.

Something will arrive sometime in this decade that will prove superior technology to optical disks.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Google Allo? What is Google Duo? Google Allo UK release date rumours and features: Google…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These clever designs help visualise a complex intelligence tool

iOS 10 troubleshooting tips: Simple fixes for the most common iOS 10 problems, from network…