CD-R drive help

salanddaz 20:30 27 Jul 03

I have an old Intel PII 350 packard bell pc, it has a dvd drive but i have a cd-r drive knocking about I want to install. Inside the pc though there is no spare ide cable, all the ones in the pc are directly linked from the motherboard to 1) hard drive 2)3 1/2 floppy and 3)dvd drive. I have a cable that came with the cd writer that has three connectors so do I just plug one in the mother board and put one in the dvd and one in the cr writer, can they share the same ide lead.

Thank you

SEASHANTY 20:54 27 Jul 03

Yes they can and that's the way to do it. Longest length of this 3 connector IDE lead fits to the motherboard. Make sure the red edge is closest to Pin 1 of the IDE slot.

SEASHANTY 20:57 27 Jul 03

Further to the above. Set one to drive with jumper to SLAVE and the other drive jumper to MASTER. Doesn't really matter which but I would set the CD-R drive as Master with DVD drive as slave.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Why ecommerce hasn't taken off on social media

New MacBook Pro 2016 review | MacBook Pro with Touch Bar review: Apple's expensive and powerful…