CD R burning Prolems

futurekid 13:44 11 Aug 06

hi,

i have just got some new CD R's from Imation. However when i come to make a audio cd in windows media player. Near the end of the process i get "Cannot copy to recordable disk" They are all brand new disks and they will just not do what i want them to do. So I have tried other applications (nero Roxio Real player etc) i have even slowed down the burning to 4 x and 16 x then all of the applications minus windows media player say that the process has been completed but when i put the disk back in the drive Windows says Blank CD

So does anyone think they can help me out.

Thanks

Ben

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 13:55 11 Aug 06

CHECK
My computer - right click CD RW drive -select properties - recording tab - tick "enable recording on this drive.

Also

Start - run - type services.msc press OK. scroll down to IMAPI CD Burning Com sevice make sure is set to Automatic or Manual.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 14:33 11 Aug 06

via e-mail

hi, It is all there But i have noticed, In the cd com service thingy, it is set to manual but it says service stopped. Should it work if i said start? Thanks Ben

=====================================================

Ben please reply bu posting in the box at the bottom of the page.
Everyone can then see your reply and offer further help.
Emails are for private use between forum members when files or other private info needs to be transfered.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 14:38 11 Aug 06

If set to manual (mine is) it should start when you try to burn to the disk.

You could try setting it to automatic and see if that makes any difference.

Some drives can be very temperamental about the type of media they will burn to.

The disk may not be blank, have you tried to play it in another player i.e. CD player, DVD player, car player?

futurekid 15:17 11 Aug 06

yes they all say blank disk.

Now it does complete the job in windows media player but it still says empty so if i was to start the service do i need to restart the pc after

Ben

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 15:21 11 Aug 06

if i was to start the service do i need to restart the pc after

no

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro 5 News - release date, UK price, features, specs

Microsoft Surface Studio hands-on review: the iMac killer is here

Best Mac antivirus 2017