CD-R burning problem

U10 17:53 19 Oct 04

Have been trying to burn a track to CD-R using Media Player or Nero. Although everythings fine when burning to CD-RW, when I use a CD-R, Media Player fails to burn completely and Nero says burning is successful but trying to play track in CD player gets no response - computer asks for disc to be inserted. Have I got to change any settings for a successful burn to CD-R (40x)? What could be wrong beacause the CD player itself and the CD rewriter are fine. Thanks for any ideas.

Cook2 19:00 19 Oct 04

CD-RW and CD Player OK. So are your CD-R's and CD-RW's discs the same make? I had the same problem when a friend gave me some 'cheapie' CD-R's. Tried another make and never looked back.

Maccyroo 19:16 19 Oct 04

You did not say if the CDR you are having trouble burning is an Audio CDR.

If it is and you are burning a music cd to play on an external device then you will need to burn at the slowest speed you can (8X) or even 4x speed.

If it just a plain old unbranded CDR then I agree with Cook2. Get a better branded disc.

maccyroo

THE TERMINATOR 19:19 19 Oct 04

Could it be that your cdr's are no good....T

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Pantone Colour of the Year 2017 is Green

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…