CD-R as back-up

Creditman 18:11 24 Apr 06

I have been told its possible to put documents onto a CD-R & be able to add more documents later. Do you have to use a special programme to do this ? Thanks

Diodorus Siculus 18:24 24 Apr 06

With Nero you have an option to use what is called multisession. I think that there is something similar with other burning programs.

Diodorus Siculus 18:25 24 Apr 06

Tutor Tip: Burning Data CDs with Nero Burning ROM
click here

woodchip 18:26 24 Apr 06

Yes, Like NERO Burning Rom. You use Multisession when you burn so you can add files. these files are changed to Read Only files when you burn to CD. If you copy them back to your drive you will have to change them back to Archive if you want to manipulate the files be it text or photos

Stuartli 18:27 24 Apr 06

There's no special programme, you just use Multisession mode.

I do it with Nero6.

When you start a new CD-R, stipulate Multisession and give the Folder a suitable name.

You then drag and drop the required files from right to left into the folder's name on the page listing the Folder on the left and your system's contents on the right.

When the session is finished, it is very important to Save the file so that further multisessions can be added; on the last session when the disk is nearly full, Finalise the disk before the burning is done.

jimv7 18:27 24 Apr 06

If your using win xp, right click and send to the cd writer.

Creditman 22:01 24 Apr 06

Thanks to all who responded, great help.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Why ecommerce hasn't taken off on social media

New MacBook Pro 2016 review | MacBook Pro with Touch Bar review: Apple's expensive and powerful…