CD-R

Astrid 11:03 23 Sep 08

I run Windows XP SP3 with a DVD-RW drive. I recently attended a wedding and a friend has sent me pictures on a CD-R, which she imagines I should be able to view. However, in my PC there is no response, and I guess there may be some way I can have these transferred to media I can view. Is there a way?

eedcam 11:26 23 Sep 08

Can you explore the cd does it show anything at all. Also you could try Iso buster The trial should work .If it sees the CD then just right click and extract
click here

Sea Urchin 11:30 23 Sep 08

You say that in your PC there is no response. Have you tried going to My Computer and double-clicking on the CD/DVD drive?

Astrid 12:05 23 Sep 08

I tried downloading Isobuster but when I opened it I received message saying the source was corrupted. Also, when I double click on my DVD drive the result is :
freespace: 0 bytes
total size: 0 bytes

?

canarieslover 12:43 23 Sep 08

Check with your friend that the CD was finalised. If not it will only be viewable on the drive that it was written on.

brundle 12:45 23 Sep 08

It will be viewable on any drive that can read multisession CDs, doesn't have to be finalised. Sounds as though it didn't burn correctly.

brundle 12:46 23 Sep 08

"when I opened it I received message saying the source was corrupted" pretty much sums it up

Astrid 15:35 23 Sep 08

Thank you. I'm now convinced my friend omitted to finalise the disk.

brundle 16:26 23 Sep 08

It doesn't matter if it's finalised or not. A modern DVD drive will be able to read it if it's correctly burned.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation technologies coming to Siggraph 2017

iPad Pro 12.9 vs Surface Pro 5