CD printer

conrail 21:28 16 Nov 05

looking for a printer that will print directly onto CD/DVD's, can anybody suggest a decent one please, creat my own CD/DVD's with family movies and find that stick on labels have a tendency to rise at the edges and can jam inside drives, many thanks

jbp1982 21:36 16 Nov 05

r300 epson is best value. I am waiting on being delivered.

woodchip 21:48 16 Nov 05

Or this one click here

jack 22:02 16 Nov 05

Epson £ series but some of the others also.
Special printonable media required however, and of course if you get the print wrong!!!!
I have put a blank paper one on and run it through
simply becasue I had the non printable disks and a strock of lables- but i feel its a bit crude compared with a regular paper lable program.

jack 22:03 16 Nov 05

Sorry
Epson R series of course- I gues i subliminaly thinking of the extra cost of printable media.

jbaker65 09:45 17 Nov 05

I have an Epson R200 which does a very good job and since it has 6 colour cartridges also gives top class photo quality prints. (about £70)

conrail 21:38 27 Nov 05

thanks for suggestions guys, I did not realise that special discs are required that ordianry CD's and DVD's cannot be used, is this correct, thanks

The Old Mod 21:44 27 Nov 05

I'Ve used the Epson R200 for some time now with great results. The media needs to be printable, and they are very cheap from online stores.

NormanD 22:46 27 Nov 05

I use the Casio 'Disc Title Printer' This cannot print full colour pictures but does a really good job of single colour printing with a full range of fonts printable at a range of font sizes (pictures can be printed but only postage stamp sized icon type pictures) It doesn't need printable discs and can print directly onto any disc, plain discs are ideal.
The printer cost me around £100.00 and replacement cartridges (ribbon type) cosy about £10.00 each.
Norman

clayton 23:06 27 Nov 05

a pack of 25 printable dvds is about £6 & 100 cds £13 plus postage.

click here

malwarehater 00:17 28 Nov 05

No offence to Epson fans but i myself had leakage problems with every Epson printer i ever had......When i decided to go for a printer that prints onto cd's/dvd's i read a lot of reviews...and the one which was around the same price as the Epson equivalent was the Canon ip4000.......which i bought, and i have to say is an EXCELLENT printer...very fast,very quiet with fantastic results....all completely the opposite of the three Epson's i'd owned before i bought the Canon.

Go for the Canon.....you wont be disappointed, plus....the compatible inks for the Canon are as cheap as chips.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…