cd overburn

dlguk 14:49 14 Jan 05

I have a wav. file to write to disc which is 82 mins. I have tried and failed with Nero Ultra overburn. Any suggestion por favor (just I'd love to be some where sunny :-)

jimv7 15:37 14 Jan 05

it all depends on if your cdrw supports overburn.

Some do, some don't.

dlguk 15:58 14 Jan 05

yea i know about that but dont know how to check if the drive is compatible, it's a TEAC about a yr old DVD+ and cd.

ACOLYTE 16:04 14 Jan 05

82 minute wave file? thants some file have you tried to change the format of the file? or even lower the bit rate it may just give you the 2 minutes back.

dlguk 16:50 14 Jan 05

It is actually 2 files just voice but now recorded how can I change the bit rate? Will effect then quality?

dlguk 20:29 14 Jan 05

As I have said i have a wav. file of 82mins I am trying and failing to burn to a 80 min cd. Used Nero Ultra over burn, no good.
Any ideas?

Irishman 20:41 14 Jan 05

Convert it to mp3. click here
You will lose some of the quality but you'll have no problem fitting it onto a cd.

dlguk 23:14 14 Jan 05

ty for you help but I want the disc to be read on all cd players, doubt if mp3 will be of much help

jimcub22 00:25 15 Jan 05

There are 900 meg CD's available but to use them you have to flash your cd drive with firm ware, this if not done correctly can render the drive useless be warned. This enables you to do excactly what you ask, try Infiniti disc they hold 99mins or 900 mb.
click here

THE TERMINATOR 02:12 15 Jan 05

Convert the file to mp3 as said above, and then use nero to convert the mp3 file to a music cd, this can then be played on your hi-fi system.
To find out if your drive supports overburn I would go to their web site and see....TT

Simsy 10:35 15 Jan 05

to compress the timeline of the audio so that it is only 80 mins...

Films for the cinema are recorded/shown at 24frames per second; when shown on TV they are slightly speeded up and shown at 25 frames per second... can you hear the difference? I can't

If you can find software to compress the 82 mins to 80 mins it is a similar percentage change and I suspect it will be undetecable.

I know Cool Edit Pro will do this... but it cost about £300... I'm sure there are others.

Good luck,

Regards,

Simsy

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Amazon Fire HD 8 review: A brilliant combination of function and value – with one massive caveat

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How to create an introvert-friendly workplace

Apple Watch 2 review | Apple Watch Series 2 review: New Apple Watch is faster, brighter, water-resit…