CD or DVD

madaboutplants 18:29 27 Jan 07

what is the difference between a CD and a DVD? if i wish to make a copy of a music cd, do i buy cd or dvd? How do I decide which cd is suitable for music. similarly do i buy special cd for photographs? looking at cd description they mention speed, no idea what this is.
my daughter tells me it takes ages to copy music onto a cd, is there a fast way to copy?

sorry about many questions in this one title.
all this is confusing but hopefully my upcoming evening classes may help me in future.

surfmonkey #:@}© 18:48 27 Jan 07

if i wish to make a copy of a music cd? cd
How do I decide which cd is suitable for music? dont buy the very cheap one you wont get any errors when playing back
do i buy special cd for photographs? no
looking at cd description they mention speed? I always burn at say x 20 i get less errors that way
you can burn at x40 which is fast but you may get errors on cd maybe jumpy tracks and so on
it takes ages to copy music onto a cd? no not really under 2 minutes

madaboutplants 18:57 27 Jan 07

surfmonkey #:@}©. many tks. any particular brand name? Isee many Memorex, Infiniti and Fuji for sale.

iscanut2 18:59 27 Jan 07

To ensure that the music CD plays both on your pc and any cd player, just use any ordinary CD. These will normally sell as CD(R) the R being read only. Do not use CDRW ( rewritable CDs ). Don t other with DVD for music as I am not sure if they will play on a CD player. No doubt someone else can answer that. You can use Windows Media player to write files held on the pc to a CD or you can buy such programs as Roxio orNero to copy music CDs. I am sure our forum members can suggest free programs instead of the commercialones.

iscanut2 19:01 27 Jan 07

Don't other !! I meant Don't bother....

SLAYER 19:01 27 Jan 07

this is the place to come for advice.Help us help you
.What is your problem,

cd to dvd. does that describe your problem.

what help do you need.

Its here,help is here,decribe what you want,what help you need,and wait.

madaboutplants 19:17 27 Jan 07

surfmonkey #:@}© and Nuts have very kindly answered my problem.i believe my subject matter was clear even if my title was not. In trying to keep title short may be I failed to convey at a glance what my problem is. will try to be better.

madaboutplants 19:20 27 Jan 07

Nuts and surfmonkey #:@}©. many tks to you both.

Strawballs 21:47 27 Jan 07

If you record music to a DVD disc then you will not be able to play it on a cd player only DVD

De Marcus™ 21:53 27 Jan 07

Your post made perfect sense, don't apologise for it.

Totally-braindead 00:26 28 Jan 07

madaboutplants I too thought your post was quite clear and I understood perfectly what you were asking.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…