CD to MP3 + Fade

peter4076 12:59 11 Feb 05

I make various MP3's from my CD's to my CD-R or my MP3 player, my question is sometimes I want to cut short the piece I'm recording, but obviously that would sound abrupt on the actual recording..........so is there some way I can fade out the digital recording, and if necessary fade in on certain recordings, on the old Vinyl to Tape recorder you would just slowly remove the signal, same as CD to Tape, CD to MP3 !!! Am I asking to much. The software I use for the MP3 conversion is " CDex " Your knowledge & Input gratefully received.

fuzzyone 13:04 11 Feb 05

click here

Angus, this is the program I use, very simple and basic, yet does a perfect jon of cutting, fading etc.

peter4076 13:31 11 Feb 05

Thankyou very much fuzzyone I've downloaded it on the free trial.....I'm not thick but where do I find the fade button I've been all over it, I'll take that back I am probably not the sharpest knife in the draw at the moment, but other than paying for the full monty is it available to me, because I can't find it.

fuzzyone 13:39 11 Feb 05

Angus,

the fade in and out button comes up when you have selected the track you are cutting/fading, and are ready to save it.

peter4076 14:02 11 Feb 05

Cheers for making the effort and your swift resoonse, I've got to go out now for a few hours, then will have go at some cutting and fading. Once again thankyou.
i will tick.

peter4076 14:03 11 Feb 05

Not resoonse but reponse.......Doh

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Amazon Fire HD 8 review: A brilliant combination of function and value – with one massive caveat

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How to create an introvert-friendly workplace

Apple Watch Series 2 review | Apple Watch 2 review: New Apple Watch is faster, brighter,…