cd to midi file conversion

A Mutu 21:17 10 Mar 04

anyone know if i can convert a tune/song that has been copied from cd to my windows media player into midi file. i eventually want to convert said midi to file i can send to my mobile via nokia pc suite.

jjf72 00:12 11 Mar 04

I don't think you can. A MIDI file isn't really an audio file as such - it's more like a set of instructions created by a musical instument which can be played by another midi instrument or device. So to take a song or track and reduce that to the notes to be played by each instument would be extremly difficult. I guess you may be able to for a simple piano piece or something but not for anything more complex. You'd be better off searching for a mdi version of the song you want. Loads of them out there and don't think they're covered by the same levels of copyright as standard audio files.

ton 00:31 11 Mar 04

You can, but it is not easy. One program that can do it can be found here click here but as suggested in the previous post, it would be much easier to search for the midi tune that you want - there are thousands of them on the internet.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

15 macOS Sierra tips | How to use macOS Sierra: Secret tricks and best new features in Apple's new…