CD Label Software, preferably free!

TonyV 11:28 21 Feb 11

Since getting the Win7 64bit laptop, I have been struggling to get a CD Label Software programme.

When I transferred stuff from my desktop, I seem to have lost the disc for the software I had, which was an OEM Nero and something else, who's name escapes me , but had an extension of .ec4. (The other extension was .ncd.)

I have been through a number on Google, but none of them appear to use other files beyond their own produced ones. I have some files I would like to use again.

Has anyone got any idea as to the best label software to use in this circumstance? Or, can they be produced in Word 2007?

Thanks

TonyV

sil_ver 11:50 21 Feb 11
  TonyV 12:46 21 Feb 11

I bought their applicator which came with a copy of their software. I had the devil's own job to install it, something like four times before I had to copy all the files to my hard disc from their CD, then change the compatibility, and when I did all that and eventually got it running, it would not open any other format of files! I wasn't best pleased!!

So thanks for that, no thanks!!

Cheers

TonyV

northumbria61 13:16 21 Feb 11

I haven't used it but yes it can be done from Microsoft Office click here

TonyV 13:23 21 Feb 11

Thanks. Will have a look and see how simple it will be to ensure all the labels line up OK prior to printing.

I am actually looking at AudioLabel at the moment. If it works out OK, I may well purchase it. Though, once again, it will not open labels created via another programme. 'Twas ever thus!!

Cheers

TonyV

northumbria61 13:28 21 Feb 11

Just noticed that is an OLD post.
However it can be done fron MS Office 2007 by doing the following. Open MS Office WORD - HOME button - Select NEW - under the heading TEMPLATES select MS OFFICE ONLINE - type DVD Template into search box and download template.

northumbria61 13:37 21 Feb 11

There is a complete kit here from Amazon with 80 assorted labels click here

northumbria61 13:43 21 Feb 11

TonyV - further click here

TonyV 13:53 21 Feb 11

I actually bought a similar applicator through Pressit, and gave up! See my second post above. So don't really want to go the Neato route.

had a look at your MS Word 2007 info, and that looks as though it may be useful. I will have a closer look and see what style of sheet layout the templates are.

Thanks

TonyV

northumbria61 13:56 21 Feb 11

Hi TonyV - I was trying to think of the software I used a lot of years ago. It was Avery Design Pro "afterBURNER" Edition. I still have the install CD for XP but not compatible with Win7 (at least not for 64bit) This is the complete kit click here=

This is the AVERY UK website and you can download free templates for Microsoft Word - click here

Hope all this helps.

TonyV 14:05 21 Feb 11

Many thanks. I have looked at the MS templates, but I cant see how to get the paper listed that suits the layout of the labels I have. Mine are layed out as one top LHS and one Bottom RHS on an A4 size sheet.

I will also look at your Avery link and see if there is anything there that will help. If all else fails, I will try and see the benefits of the Audiolabel programme. First impression from the trial run is that it may well do the trick.

TonyV

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Qualcomm Snapdragon 835 benchmarks: Antutu, Geekbench 4, GFXBench and PCMark results

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This stop-frame animation tells a moving story of domestic violence for Refuge

New iPad 2017 preview: Apple's affordable but underspecced new iPad may appeal to the education…