CD to Floppy

matta 12:17 31 Oct 03

Does any one know of a reliable way (or software that will allow you to copy from CD to floppies in the correct order for install from floppy-old hat I know genuine reason for asking

SGT BARNES 12:25 31 Oct 03

whats a floppy lol

deadneat 12:27 31 Oct 03

you could try win zip which can span floppy disks.
Why do u want to do this?

matta 12:31 31 Oct 03

deadneat,

I want to get an OS onto a laptop with no CD rom drive

SGT BARNES 12:34 31 Oct 03

is there no way of downloading 98 on floppys from somewhere , yes i know , software theft and all that but i doubt if you could buy them anywhere

matta 12:37 31 Oct 03

SGT Barnes,

That would be the key to this, I know in days gone bye you could get WIN95 on floppy, dont know about WIN98

alcudia 12:42 31 Oct 03

When Windows was supplied on floppies the discs were formatted in a special way so they could each hold 1.7mb of data. This is the size of each cab file on a CD.

Unless you can find a way to format floppies in this way it would seem to be an impossible task.

This was deliberate to prevent copying.

matta 12:46 31 Oct 03

alcudia

thanks for that, seems i have had it on this one

SGT BARNES 12:50 31 Oct 03

i used to work for a government dept. and when we had win98 , it was on floppies , so they do exist but i dont know if that was a consession for us because we didnt have a cd drive at the time

Similar thread click here

matta 12:51 31 Oct 03

SGT BARNES

Thanks for that maybe e-bay could produce some results

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…