CD fails to install

mags65 20:56 13 May 05

I have the Lock On flight sim game and for some reason I can't get it to install in the computer. I have tried opening it up in my computer but it is'nt even recognising that the CD is in the drive. ie the name of the game does not appear under the drive icon. I thought it may have been because it is a CD in a DVD drive but I have other games that are CD rom and they installed fine. Any suggestions, Thanks in advance.

Night Ryder 21:11 13 May 05

Thoroughly clean the disk. If it still fails it could be damaged.

Other thoughts: Is this an old game and what Op system are you using?

mags65 21:26 13 May 05

Thanks for the suggestions but this is a brand new disk and a new computer using XP home with plenty of memory etc.

woodchip 21:32 13 May 05

If you have NERO see if it will let you copy the disc if it's a DVDRW drive. Put the CD in Drive click the copy function, You will need to change the disc when it ask's for a blank disc. I have done this in the past and NERO as created a disc that the computer can read

mags65 23:23 13 May 05

Thanks to you also for the suggestion but I am coming to the conclusion that the disc is a dud. When I put it in the DVDrw drive and click open it opens but there are no files visible just a blank window. I tried it in another computer and it was the same. In fact if I put it in my dvd rom drive and try to open it it keeps telling me to insert a disc into the drive. I think I'll just return it and try again.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

iPhone 9 and beyond: 32 amazing future smartphone developments - graphene, supercapacitor…