Cd Dvd problem .In a mess

CHAIRLEG 22:09 05 Oct 04

i have got cd rw lite on ltr and samsung dvdsd-616Q.I installed clone cd to give it a try now when i put a cd in any of the drives such as a game instead of the game playing i just get a load of files.i have uninstalled clone cd and tried system restore,which will not restore but still the same.Music cds still play ok its just everything else.Windows xp.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 22:12 05 Oct 04

Operating system?

Sounds like autoplay is switched off.

XP -- my computer -- right click cd drive--properties-autoplay tab

CHAIRLEG 22:19 05 Oct 04

Theres no mention of auto play in properties

kev.Ifty 22:29 05 Oct 04

I think what is happening is, when you insert your Game disco in the drive, the Game its self is looking for files on your PC which relate to CD Coping software. (I think they call it Safe Disk or something).

You have to make sure Clone CD files are completely removed from your PC or Games with this security software will not play, as you have discovered.

Perhaps you could try searching for files containing the words Clone CD and remove any found....

I'm sure some more experienced Members will be able to help further or click here try a look here...

Cheers Kev.

kev.Ifty 22:31 05 Oct 04

Sorry not trying to lead you on a "song and dance" ;-)

disco = DISC

Kev

format_computers 22:40 05 Oct 04

Clone CD should only give you a 30 day free trial, well it did.

I would use system restore, you should have enough points to go before this, and try that.

badger23 22:57 05 Oct 04

could always uninstall cd & dvd software, do a clean up and then re-load them, testing cd before loading dvd software. Also can't find autoplay in xpr pro with or without xp2

CHAIRLEG 22:58 05 Oct 04

I have only had clone cd for 3 days i have tried system restore but it hasn,t worked since sp2

THE TERMINATOR 23:13 05 Oct 04

click here This may solve your problem....TT

CHAIRLEG 23:50 05 Oct 04

Installed the file and run it .Both cd &dvd will now play game but when i put in say pc advisor disc or similar it does not play if igo to my computer and click on cd or dvd it opens a window asking me to choose a program to open this file even without a disc in any drive.

CHAIRLEG 00:07 06 Oct 04

YES ran the tool again and this time all seems well, your a star,and thanks to everyone else who joined in to help, if it wasn,t for this forum i don,t know how i,d survive.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Huawei P10 review

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How VR is being used to simulate space

New iPad, iPhone SE & Red iPhone 7 on sale now