CD and DVD problem

MICKY BOY 17:38 14 Mar 09

Hi All,

Have a problem with my CD and DVD disk drives.
Running XP I have a Sony CD-RW 230EE and a Pioneer DVR-RW 110D fitted internally into the system. Both have the up to date drivers installed and show that they are working OK.
Both disk players will play music CD’s ok and the Pioneer will play film DVD’s ok. However if I try to use either to disk drive to install data onto the computer, the computer freezes up. The data disk is recognized in my computer ok, yet when I right click to open it the computer freezes and in my computer it says “my computer is not responding” even pressing Cntr Alt and Delete will not correct the issue. I have to press the restart button to start windows.
I have had no problem from these disk drives for the past couple of years, why will they play music and films but not install a software CD-ROM.
Your comments and help would be much appreciated.

Mick

skidzy 19:05 14 Mar 09

Check your dma settings are not set to pio,this tool will do the work for you. click here

MICKY BOY 19:15 14 Mar 09

Thank you for your response, downloaded your DMA reset tool, what do I do with it, I am not too computer minded.

Regards Mick

skidzy 14:44 15 Mar 09

Hi Mick

Just run the program,it will do the work for you and prompt for a reboot.Then try your discs again.

MICKY BOY 15:31 15 Mar 09

Have reposted the problem sorry, have checked the DMA settings all is ok. Can install CD-Rom if the computer is started in safe mode. But not in normal mode, computer freezes.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

LG G6 review: Hands-on with LG’s bold, big-screen shot at perfection

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the 2017 Oscar-winning VFX of The Jungle Book were created

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…