CD / DVD MULTIDRIVE PROBLEMS

5starred 14:43 15 May 07

Having problems with this will not read MP3 disks. (Type: DVD±RW (+R double layer) / DVD-RAM). Have tried playing a DVD and after several tries it worked.

Any suggestions on things to try?

Totally-braindead 15:01 15 May 07

If its a DVDRW disk it might be corrupted. Try someone elses computer and see if that can read it if you can.
You mention that you got a DVD to play after several tries this could mean there is something going in your DVD Writer and it might need replaced.

Fingees 15:03 15 May 07

I would suggest you give make and model of player.
It can then be checked whether or not it is designed to play MP3.

All the best.

5starred 19:24 15 May 07

Just tried the disc again still no joy. When I go to My Computer and right click on (D:) then on Properties it says it is a MATSHITA DVD-RAM UJ-820S and TOSHIBA MK6025GAS.

When I also insert the disc in question and click on the General its says that there is 4.38GB of used space. So it must be reading something but why can't I see it. I have tried other discs that are the same and they work fine but this disc works fine on the 3 other PC's that I have tried .

5starred 15:58 16 May 07

Think I should have put MATSHITA DVD-RAM UJ-820S.

It does play other MP3's and the disc in question plays on other pc's.

5starred 19:14 28 May 07

Tried this disc on other machines and it works fine. It is in UDF format would that make a difference? as the other discs I have don't seem to be in this format.

5starred 11:48 01 Jun 07

Can anyone advise me?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Huawei P10 review

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

An overview: What leading creative agencies are doing to improve diversity

New iPad, iPhone SE & Red iPhone 7 on sale now