CD & DVD drive will not write CDs

reburner57 22:32 12 Sep 04

I haven't used them to write for a while but both my Sony CRx140E CD drive and my LG DVD/Cd drive will not write Cd's.
I seemingly have to keep enabling both drives manually to enable CD recording (they seem to reset to disable at random) IMAPI CD Burning is started and I am just copying and pasting in My Computer on XP.

Whenever I start to write to the Cds I just get a message saying Cannot Complete the Cd writing wizard. Have tried 3 different types of CDR & CDRW on both drives. Any ideas anyone ????

It may be a coincidence but I installed SP2 about a week ago.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 22:45 12 Sep 04

Have you any other CD writing software installed I.E. NERO?

Windows XP and Nero conflict there is a patch on the nero site for this

reburner57 06:58 13 Sep 04

nope. no other writing software

spras 07:11 13 Sep 04

There si a trial version of Nero on this or last months PC advisor cover disc, try with that

reburner57 20:15 13 Sep 04

I appear to have partially solved this problem. I found a reference on the net saying that XP could not support more than 1 CD Writer. I therefore have disconnected the Sony drive and left the LG dvd/CD and lo and behold I can succesfully write CD's (of all formats)

The problem is now that although the files are present on the CD the minute I try to access them via My Computer or opening them in Photoshop (they are Jpegs) the application hangs,. and the pictures will not open. Have tried this on two different makes of blank Cd with the same results.

Any ideas anyone ???

reburner57 08:21 14 Sep 04

I have now bought the CDs into work this morning and can read the files OK.
Anyone got any ideas for how I get to read them from the drive that created them ????

reburner57 19:07 14 Sep 04

boing

john-232317 20:10 14 Sep 04

Dont know the cure of the freeze but
try this free program to view them in, it may help.

click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Pantone Colour of the Year 2017 is Green

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…