cd and dvd - code 41, any ideas?

LinH 21:02 23 May 06

I seem to remember that this issue has been discussed on a previous thread, but I can't find it.

The problem is that both my dvd/cd re-writers are showing in device manager with a yellow exclamation mark. When checking the Properties I get the message:
"Windows successfully loaded the device driver for this hardware but cannot find the hardware device (code 41)"

Can anyone remember the particular thread or have any ideas how to resolve the problem please?

Thanks in advance.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 21:06 23 May 06

No CD/DVD or CD-ROM access is missing error
Code 31, Code 32, Code 19, Code 39, or Code 41
Try this if the optical drives are not appearing in My Computer or Device Manager.
This is sometimes caused by the removal of Roxio software.
Run regedit and navigate to registry key HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Class\{4D36E965-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318}.
Highlight it and in the right pane, find the Upperfilters and Lowerfilters values.
Highlight each one in turn, right click and delete them. Close regedit and restart the computer.
If in doubt make a restore point before making changes. click here

LinH 21:21 23 May 06

Fruit Bat/\0/
Spot on, your advice worked a treat, both re-writers are now up and running.

Many thanks.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to watch Windows Event live stream, live blog | Microsoft event live stream: Watch Microsoft…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This amazing app turns your iPad Pro into a Cintiq

iPhone 7 Plus review: A superb big-screen phablet, but the price tag's enormous | iPhone 7 Plus…