CD & DVD Burning Problems

Dumble452 10:42 27 Dec 04

I am having problems burning CDs and DVDs on both my CD and DVD drives. My operating system is Windows XP home with SP2 and I am using Nero Express 5.5.10.56 which came bundled with my DVD drive and has been updated from the Nero site. The problem is that CDs and DVDs record successfully sometimes but just as often the operation is unsuccessful. The process seems to get as far as the last operation then fails. How can I tell if this a software problem, a hardware problem or a media problem? I have heard that ther may be a SP2 compatability problem so would it be worth purchasing the latest version of Nero? This is particularly relevant since I wish to tranfer my collection of LPs onto CD when I have the time and energy.

sheila.weston 11:05 27 Dec 04

Have you tried looking at the log file. There may be a clue there. OR download a free trial copy of VSO or other 'copy to CD' program (try a Googlesearch) and see what happens with this and look in the log file for that.

Can you try another type of disk - perhaps exchange one of yours with a different one from a computer engineer/shop. This solved my problem after weeks of trying!

ACOLYTE 11:18 27 Dec 04

click here

May help.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 12:04 27 Dec 04

You will need to update nero after installing SP2

There have been several threads on this subject

ACOLYTE 12:08 27 Dec 04
  Dumble452 00:25 04 Jan 05

Still not resolved. I think the answer lies in upgrading to Nero 6. I have forwarded the log file to Ahead Nero and hope that they can shed some light on the matter.

Smegs 01:31 04 Jan 05

click here Download this, I was having problems with Nero, after installing SP2. I updated to this version, now everything is OK.

Dumble452 11:47 05 Jan 05

I've purchased the full retail version of Nero 6 Reloaded, downloaded and installed the updates and the problem now seems to be solved. Thanks again, Ian

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

Where HTML5 is headed next

MacBook Pro v Surface Pro 5